Day 18 - Another failed attempt with unfavourable wind

4 February 2014

At 8am with no break in the wind which were still blowing hard we set course for the 200 miles to Cape Adare.

At Cape Washington we came across a maze of icebergs some of which had big caves in them having been smashed around by wind and waves.

It was a quiet relaxing day with not much happening. We had a sing along in the bar in the evening where I enjoyed hearing Wieke originals songs she had written.

I was missing Karen today and wished she could be here I experience these amazing places with me. It feels like I have been away for a long long time. However it has been good to leave all the problems of everyday life behind as there is nothing that can be done from here.


Cape Washington
Maze of icebergs
This huge berg was really unique with blue line right through it - the most spectacular icebery I have seen
Lots more icebergs of all different shapes and sizes as we pass Cape Washington
As we approached Saunders Island we came across a sea of pack ice which had been held there by the island. It looked as though it spread all the way to the coast 40 miles away.

No comments: